Founded in 2002 by a European family, Yummy Market set out to bring familiar and traditional tastes to the growing number of Eastern Europeans living in the Toronto North York neighborhood. Today, Yummy Market’s world food assortment grew to become the largest in the GTA. In a true European tradition, our passion for wholesome, made from scratch foods is the driving force behind everything we make in-store. We continue delivering on our promise of reuniting traditional flavors and stocking our shelves with affordable familiar and novelty items.
At this time, we are looking for a Deli Department Supervisor join our team for a full-time permanent position. The successful candidate must be able to work with different types of people in a high-pressure environment.
As Deli Department Supervisor, you will perform the following duties:
• Maintain attractive displays and cases with accurate tags and sale signs;
• Ensure ordering of sufficient merchandise to stock sets; Keep the showcase neat, organized, stocked and properly labeled
• Ensure that department areas are in clean, orderly condition meeting Health Department and customer service standards;
• Identifying problems with working conditions and reporting them to management;
• Respond to customer needs and complaints and offer assistance;
• Ensure that employees adhere to corporate processes safety and quality of products standards;
• Train and support new employees as needed to help them quickly get acclimated to the team;
• Ensure adherence to Health and Safety Regulations at all times;
• Perform the same duties as workers supervised, when needed.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Secondary School Diploma
• Knowledge of European deli products is an asset
• 2 years of previous experience in a similar capacity
• Good command of English language
Work location: Yummy Market – Maple Location – 1390 Major Mackenzie Drive, Maple, ON, L6A 4H6
Compensation: this is a full-time permanent position $20.00 per hour for 40-hour work week. An overtime rate of $30.00 will apply after 44 hours of work per week.
Overtime may be occasionally required and will be paid accordingly. Be ready to work shifts, which include evenings and occasional weekends and some holidays (appropriate pay rates will apply).
In addition, we offer our team members: flexible work hours, an employee discount on the vast and unique product assortment in our stores and corporate gym membership discounts; a comprehensive medical and dental benefits package for staff and their families; regular feedback through annual performance reviews; the opportunity to build a career and monthly Employee Recognition incentives!
We believe in employees who are engaged and strive to learn more in their daily job. We seek out employees who can adapt quickly, think on their feet, willingly and competently perform duties often above and beyond.
Does this sound like you?
Please apply with your resume through email: email@example.com or mail your resumes to our business location address (as above), attention: Human Resources. Candidates suitable for this position will be contacted for an in-person interview. Please do not contact us directly.
Please visit our website at http://yummymarket.com to learn more about our stores.