We are looking for an Accounting Technician to join our Midtown Medical Clinic in Vermilion, Alberta. The position focuses on working with small to mid-size business.
- Calculate and prepare cheques for payroll Calculate fixed assets and depreciation
- Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems
- Maintain general ledgers and financial statements Post journal entries
- Prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports Prepare tax returns
- Prepare trial balance of books Reconcile accounts
- Diploma or certification in the finance, accounting or a related field.
- 3 + years experience in accounting
- Established experience in accounting cycle and balance sheet reconciliation
- Proficiency with MS Office, Excel and QuickBooks
What We Offer
- A people focused organization that values high-performance and provides engaging and interesting work
- Continuous support for professional growth and advancement opportunities within the firm
- Flexible work schedules to support work life balance
- Comprehensive salary, and benefits
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Repetitive tasks
- Tight deadlines
- Work under pressure
- Team player
- Time management Adaptability
Security and Safety: Criminal record check
- Own transportation
- Own Vehicle
- Public transportation is not available
- Valid driver’s license
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter and resume in one document.
Please note – We thank you for your application and the time you have invested in preparing it however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Medical Midtown is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive workplace. We pride ourselves in having a culture where we recognize and celebrate the valuable differences that make you uniquely you, which include race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation.
Only apply to this job if:
- You must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- you have a valid Canadian work permit